I love working remotely — so I can’t help telling nearly everyone I know about the benefits of working remotely and encouraging them to also consider a remote job!
This is a resource for all the peeps I am encouraging to check out remote work. Since I talk about it so often, I thought I would just create a friendly guide of resources and tips that have helped me. p.s. working remote is not just for freelancers — you can land cool full time gigs too.
I love working remote because I save time and money on commuting, I actually have an opportunity to do better, independent work, and have a quiet space that is comfortable and customizable to me.
Find a remote job - Remotive
Remote Job : Developer, Designer, Marketer, Sales, Support and More. Hundreds of jobs in the best startups in the…
- Fivrr. “Freelance services. On demand.” (https://www.fiverr.com)
- FlexJobs. “The best remote and flexible jobs, and a better way to find them.” (https://www.flexjobs.com)
- Remoters. “Resources for Digital Nomads, Remote Working Professionals & Teams.” https://remoters.net/
- Freelancer. “Hire expert freelancers for any job, online.” (https://www.freelancer.com)
- Indeed. “Search millions of jobs online to find the next step in your career.” (https://www.indeed.com)
- Jobspresso. “Expertly curated remote jobs in tech, marketing, customer support and more.” (https://jobspresso.co)
- Landing Jobs. “Don’t just look for a tech job. Find the one that fits you.” (https://landing.jobs)
- Let’s Work Remotely. “The best digital nomad stories and remote opportunities for you.” (https://www.letsworkremotely.com)
- Outsourcely. “Hire talented remote workers and find great remote jobs.” (https://www.outsourcely.com)
- remote4me. “An aggregator for remote jobs in tech and non tech.” (http://remote4me.com)
- Remote.co. “Hand-recruited list in the most recruited job categories.” (https://remote.co/remote-jobs)
- Remote OK. “Let’s you find a job you can do anywhere.” (https://remoteok.io)
- Remote Talent. “We are the first recruitment company who specializes in the recruitment of the best full-time remote workers around the world, who prefer to work from home … or anywhere in the world.” (http://remotetalent.co)
- Remotive.io. List of 600+ startups hiring remotely in 2018.” (google doc)
- Upwork. “Get it done with a freelancer.” (https://www.upwork.com)
- VirtualVocations. “All telecommute jobs. All in one place.” (https://www.virtualvocations.com)
- We Work Remotely. ”The best place to find and list jobs that aren’t restricted by commutes or a particular geographic area.” (https://weworkremotely.com)
- Working Nomads. “Remote jobs for digital working nomads.” (https://www.workingnomads.co/jobs)
Tips for working Remote
- Steps for getting a Remote job: https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/114-how-to-find-a-remote-job/
- Remote Resources: https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/remote-resources/
- Remote Tools: https://www.collaborationsuperpowers.com/tools/
- Remote Manifesto: https://www.remoteonly.org/
Remote Support Communities
Working a remote job can be hard and isolating, there are great communities out there to support you! Here are some awesome places to meet fellow remote workers and remote-friendly companies
What to expect from companies while working remotely.
There is a difference between a company that hires remote workers, and one that is “Remote First” from benefits and expectations to culture…When looking for a remote role, understand what type of “remote” company it is:
Remote-Friendly: A company that hires remote workers and has some remote workers on staff, as well as has office/s where people work from.
Remote First: Work where ever you want to, building a team around a workflow that is based on the concepts of remote work, whether or not everyone is remote.
Remote Only: Everyone is remote, there is no brick and mortar.
Some benefits you can usually expect are:
- Getting money to help make your home office comfortable and furnished is a typical benefit
- Expect a new computer and the tech equipment you need to get the job done!
- Sometimes working remotely can be lonely, it’s not a-typical that you could also get a co-working space stipend.